Someone who feels that Thaksin‘s regime was very harmful to the country has listed the failures of his regime, his followers and family towards the country to warn all Thai people not to allow these to happen again. She has listed 77 things that Thaksin has done that has damaged Thailand.
Thaksin Shinawatra was the former police officer founded the mobile phone operator Advanced Info Service and the IT and telecommunications conglomerate Shin Corporation in 1987, that made him one of the richest people in Thailand.
He joined politics in 1994, founded the Thai Rak Thai Party (TRT) in 1998 and, after a landslide electoral victory, became Prime Minister in 2001.
During his position Thaksin had done many things with corruptions, injustice, unethical and harmful to the country.
1. Interfered the privatization of the state enterprise “Petroleum Authority of Thailand” selling the fuel with the highest price to Thai people.
2. Tried to seize Cement production company “TPI Polene Public Company Limited” from other.
3. Allow his wife to buy the land in Bangkok with lower price than usual by using his power. ( This case, the Thailand Supreme Court found him guilty of a conflict of interest and sentenced him in absentia to two years imprisonment.)
4. Seized the organizations related to process of judgment including the police, prosecutors, department of Special Investigation and Office of the Election Commission of Thailand.
5. Amended the Constitution with hidden agenda of reducing the rights of citizens
6. Used his power for his son to cheat the examination via Ministry of Education
7. Defrauded certificate diploma for his sister
8. Authorized the government to give loan to Myanmar with many clues showing the exchange benefit on purchasing his products.
9. Authorize the government budget to only the provinces that voted for him to be prime minister.
10. Moved construction project of the International Conference Hall from Phuket to Chaing Mai province which is his hometown.
11.Took his family to do philanthropy at Wat Phra Kaew temple in which the temple allows only the royal family to perform meritorious deeds.
12. Declared a “war on drugs” in which more than 2,500 people were killed.
13. Killed the Secretary-General to the Prime Minister by claiming the policy for “War on drugs”
14. Ordered the military to kill 32 suspects in Krue Se Mosque located in Pattani Province
15. Involved with the incident of the insurgency in the town of Tak Bai in Narathiwat Province; 78 men had died of suffocation by tied hands and threw into the truck.
16. Took a strong-arm approach against the separatist insurgency in southern provinces.
17. Changed the law to benefit his mobile company by allowed his company to pay less tax than competitors doubled
18. Set the specification for the Auction concession procurements as he wanted
19. Had ambition to be the first President of Thailand.
20. He did not accept the conclusion of the fact related to Constituent from Professor Kanit Na Nakornhe who Thaksin had appointed by himself to be Members of the Constituent.
21. Somchai Nillpaichit, the lawyer who always did case on human right was killed
22. He had revised the Constitution to allow Member of Parliament’s families to be candidate for senator totaled of 200 positions instead of recruiting from professional 73 positions and electing 77 positions.
After selling shares of his corporation worth more than a billion dollars to foreign investors without paying taxes, considerable criticism resulted. A citizens’ movement against Thaksin, called People’s Alliance for Democracy or “yellow shirts”, launched mass protests, accusing him of corruption, abuse of power and autocratic tendencies.
23. The police fired at the mob “People’s Alliance for Democracy”, causing many people to die in front of Parliament and many people were disability.
24. Shot with M79 grenade launchers to the Mob at Parliament, causing more than 10 people dead.
25. Beat “Yellow Shirt” in other provinces.
26. Caught a military from vehicle while traveling to Konkan province.
Finally he was overthrown in a military coup on 19 September 2006. His party was outlawed and he was barred from political activity. Thaksin has since lived in self-imposed exile. He was sentenced in absentia to two years in jail for abuse of power. From abroad he has continued to influence Thai politics, through the People’s Power Party that ruled in 2008, and its successor organization Pheu Thai Party, as well as the United Front for Democracy Against Dictatorship or “red shirt” movement.
27. Criticizes Thailand in international forum.
28. Obviously take side with Obama.
29. Always insults Thai’s King who is the best beloved of Thai.
30. To be the advisor of Hun Sen the Prime Minister of Cambodia for the temple of Preah Vihear case.
31. The reform blueprint of Anand Panyarachun had not been any progresses yet, set up new Council reform.
32. The clip of conservation between General Yuttasak and Thaksin on tricky plan for politic was published.
33. Promoted The police organization as his followers to control many importance organizations in the country.
34. Appointed his partisan to be in many top positions in the country without concerning of priority.
35. Akeyuth Aunchanbut, the protester against Thaksin regime was killed.
36. Told someone to shoot Wat Phra Kaew Temple, aiming to destroy.
37. His lawyer dropped the bag with money of 2 million baht inside in the court house in which that money was attempted for bribe.
After the Constitutional Court of Thailand removed Prime Minister Somchai Wongsawat from office, Abhisit was appointed prime minister of Thailand on 17 December 2008. A year later, Abhisit’s government faced major protests in April 2009 and Apri l– May 2010 from United Front for Democracy Against Dictatorship (UDD) or “red shirt”.
38.In year 2010, the UDD invaded the international conference in Pattaya, Thailand.
39.They smashed Abhisit’s car at The Ministry of the Interior.
40.They burned the country.
41.During protesting, they stole many things in Shopping Mall.
42.They beat soldiers during protest
43.They killed many soldiers.
44.They hired Cambodian Military to shoot Thai soldiers.
45.The behavior of Gestapo threaten the citizen allover country
46.He spoke from aboard via Skype telling the protesters to burn country.
47.They Invaded Chulalongkorn Hospital making the patriarch who was in the hospital at that time to face with difficulty moving out from the hospital.
Then Thaksin’s younger sister Yingluck Shinawatra was the prime minister of Thailand from 2011 to 2014. She became the 28th Prime Minister of Thailand following the 2011 general election. Finally She was removed from office on 7 May 2014 by a Constitutional Court decision that found her guilty on a charge of abuse of power. She had done many things during her power.
48. Tried to release Act. to get rid of the guilty from the previous. ( call amnesty law for themself )
49. Approved too much budget for Water Management project which was 350,000 million baht.
50. Approved very high amount of budget of 2.2 trillion baht for basic transportation projects.
51. Promoted his sister who had very less experience in politic to be prime minister making shame to the world.
52. She had been ranked as the worst Prime minister.
53. Her brother had been ranked as the most terribly prime minister.
54. Made country lose about four hundred billion in rice pledge project.
55. Escaped to the Council meet to Four Seasons Hotel for their private discussion.
56. During she was prime minister, his brother always gave her an order from abroad.
57. Many Government officers had to travel aboard to see him to ask for better position.
58. Hired a small political party to be in the election as the supporter parties rather on.
59. Took illicit lover to buy refrigerators for the motel.
60. Refused to attend council meetings.
61. Spent enormous government budget for traveling aboard by claiming as for country’s purpose.
62. Used government budget for campaign but claimed for inspectors.
63. Had never done as promise.
64. Hired foreign media to criticize Thailand.
65. Always draws other countries to interfere Thailand.
66. Always said something appeases Cambodia for Preah Vihear temple case, aiming to let someone stay in Cambodia at the end of life.
67. Cheated money from donation for big flood in 2011.
68. Had plan to take the USA army to be base in Thailand.
69. Announce officially to against The judicial Power.
70. About to cancel Administrative Court of Thailand.
71. About to cancel Constitutional Court .
72. Condemned Royal Family but want to have Royal Medal .
73. Used only a majority vote side to rule the country without listening minority.
74. Always came up with Corruption Policy.
75. The lack of justice and ethics in ruling the country.
76. Always had conflict of interests by all leagues.
77. Tried to intervene jurisdiction.
Source : Thai Tribune